Please order prescriptions in advance from Monday – Friday. Please allow 48 hours for your prescription to be ready and if possible, allow extra time for Bank Holidays.
We will contact you from time to time to see the doctor or one of our nurses for a review of your medication. This is to check you are receiving the best medication for your condition. For some patients this will be at least annually.
Your prescription can be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice to be dispensed and collected. If you would like to do this or would like any of the local pharmacies to collect and deliver your prescription, please contact us.
They can be ordered by post or by handing in the list attached to your prescription with the items marked. If you have registered for online access, prescriptions can be ordered when you log in. This is a faster, environment friendly and our preferred method.
Not Registered yet? Don’t worry, its simple and fast.
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible – at least 6 weeks before you travel – as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
If you would like a travel vaccination, please click the button to fill out our risk assessment form.
Clinics and Services
This service is doctor and nurse led.
- Emergency contraception/morning-after pill – if you think that you may require this service please contact the surgery as soon as possible. The longer you leave it, the less effective it will be.
- Cervical Screening (Smear test)
- Advice on all types of contraception
- Advice regarding breast examination
- Pre-conceptual advice
- Screening for high blood pressure/cholesterol/heart disease.
- Follow-up of stable patients with heart disease.
- Well person screening/education.
- Weight monitoring.
- Advice on how to stop smoking.
- Referral for exercise/rehabilitation programmes.
- Screening for diabetes.
- Follow-up and care of all diabetic patients.
- Re-authorising medication.
- Screening for asthma/COPD.
- Care and education of all asthmatic/COPD patients.
- Lung function testing.
- Re-authorisation of asthma/COPD medication.
- For advice on how to stop smoking call 0300 123 1044 or visit https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree
- Advice and support for giving up smoking.
- Prescribing of nicotine replacement medication.
- During surgery hours by appointment.
- Please arrange an appointment with a nurse first to discuss requirements.
- General advice on foreign travel.
- Appropriate vaccinations and certificates.
- Malaria prevention.
- Please try to ensure plenty of time to complete courses of vaccination before travel
- Not all vaccinations for exotic destinations are available on the NHS, please check charges with Reception or Nurses.
- For more info on Travel Vaccinations click here
- All childhood immunisations
- Catch-up programmes for children who have missed vaccinations for any reason
- Advice for parents with any concerns over vaccines
This service is doctor and nurse led.
- Rapid service for vaccination only
- Recommended for our patients over the age of 65 and all patiets with heart disease, diabetes, asthma/chest problems, kidney disease, absent spleen and all those taking high doses of steroid tablets or undergoing chemotherapy
This service is doctor and nurse led.
- These are necessary for all patients with ongoing treatment or medication
- Please remember to book these appointments, as it is not possible to send reminders
- Six-monthly reviews are carried out on patients receiving medication for blood pressure, diabetes , asthma and some other conditions
- Patients who have not had a consultation in the past three years may arrange to see a practice nurse for a check up
- Equipment is provided in the surgery for patients to check their own height, weight and blood pressure. Please enquire at reception for details and please let the receptions know your results.
- Please make an appointments with the nurse as instructed by your surgeon.
- Please make an appointment to see the nurse.
- We do not do routine pregnancy testing here except in special circumstances.
- If you think you may have a bladder infection, please make an appointment and bring a clean fresh sample with you if possible.
- Make sure it is in an appropriate bottle and clearly labelled. (Bottles are available from reception)
- If you send a sample in, please give a contact telephone number so that the nurse is able to reach you.
- Held Wednesday and Friday Mornings at Lordswood.
- This service is available to all our patients on warfarin.
- We use the quick and instant finger prick test for this. Please ask your Doctor for details.
What is Social Prescribing?
At times we feel ‘unwell’, ‘out of sorts’ or ‘below par’ and a medical prescription is not the answer. What we are lacking is company, interests, or a change of scene to make us feel connected and motivated. Or perhaps we need counselling or more exercise to keep our bodies strong and our minds stimulated.
Our health and wellbeing starts with taking care of ourselves as best as we can.
- What do you need to help you feel more included?
- What could you do to feel happier in yourself?
- Do you want to make new friends?
- Are you aware of what is going on in your local area?
- Where are the exercise classes or social groups you could join?
That’s where social prescribing comes in!
Our free Social Prescribing service can provide you with a personal Health and Wellbeing Partner who will help you identify one or more activities to improve your wellbeing and support you in starting it.
How does it work?
One of our Health and Wellbeing Partners will meet with you to chat about your lifestyle and help you to identify activities that will benefit you and help you reach your goals.
The Health and Wellbeing Partners can help connect you to local services and activities to improve your physical and mental wellbeing:
- Arts and crafts
- Advice and guidance
- Addition support
- Physical activity
- Eating Well
- Meeting People
You are eligible if you are:
- Over the age of 16
- Need some support, guidance and encouragement to improve your mental or physical health and wellbeing
- A patient at an Our Health Partnership GP Practice
How to get started:
Speak with us at the practice, or contact:
There are occasions when patients need to be assessed by the doctor which might involve intimate examinations.
The practice is committed to putting patients at ease whenever possible, and if you wish a chaperone to be present during your examination please do not hesitate to ask the doctor.
Trust is important in the relationship between GP and patient and we would, at all times, wish you to feel able to ask for a chaperone, should you require.
Click here to download our Chaperone Policy
Call 0121 428 4294 for further information or to book an appointment
Tel: 0121 420 4340 or 01902 714491
Tausif Muhammad BSc (Hons) M.Ch.S PhDip.
Podiatrist HCPC Registered
We can offer 10% off your initial consultation
Mob: 07888 119090
Tel: 0121 285 5656
Located in Lordswood House Medical Practice
T: 0121 427 8687
A: 54 Lordswood Rd, Birmingham B17 9DB
Knights Pharmacy based at Lordswood Surgery provides an exceptional service for you and your family. Their highly trained and dedicated pharmacy teams are there to help in every aspect of your well being and to give sound professional advice when you need it. Read more
T: 0121 427 6060
A: Selcroft Avenue, Quinton , Birmingham, B32 2BX
Selcroft Pharmacy based at Selcroft Medical Practice offers a range of dispensing services alongside a selection of specialist services with private consultancy available.
Their highly experienced and trained staff are happy to look after your repeat prescriptions and offer necessary patients a FREE home delivery service. Read more
Illness lasting less than 7 days
You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.
If you require a private note then you will be charged a fee.
Illness lasting more than 7 days
If you have been ill for more than 7 days you will need a doctor’s certificate. These certificates are called ‘Fitness To Work’ Certificates.
These services can be accessed through SystmOnline. To use SystmOnline you need to be registered for online services with us.
If there have been any changes in your personal details, please let us know. It is important that we have the correct information in case we need to contact you.
Please click the link to fill out the form below with anything that has changed.